Click Image for more pictures and specifications and installation instructions.
18" T8 12v Tube Light Replacement. Standard Size T8 Tube, Actual Size 17 1/4" excluding pins.
NOTICE: Requires a simple rewire to the fixture to eliminate the wasteful and troublesome ballast. See the link below for typical installation instructions for T8 tubes. Do not install these into a 120v environment or they will be damaged the the warranty void.
- PREVIEW THE GENERAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION HERE
- Go to M4Sales.com to see our Resource Center with additional fixture pictures and instructions
- Includes 1 Tube Light, Wire Nuts, and Extra Wire.
- Round profile and end cap for smallest possible LED Tube size.
- Now also has Rotating End Caps so these can be turned if necessary to fit into fixtures with sideways sockets.
- 18" Tube Light, actual size 17 1/4" not including pins (standard T8 size bulb, will not fit T5 fixtures) x 1 1/4" round.
- 8w, 12 Volts
- Actual Fluke reading 0.62A at 12.8vdc
- 960 lumens
- Frosted lense covering 120 3528 SMD LED chips so you do not see the individual leds when you look at the light.
- 6000k color range is Cool White.
- Power through the end pins so you don't have a wire hanging out the side of the bulb to be seen.
- Non Polarity, one end of the bulb gets power, the other side gets ground. Installs either direction.
- Basic rewiring of the fixture is needed to eliminate the florescent tube ballast
- Detailed Instructions Online with color pictures at http://m4sales.com/tubelightinstructions/
104 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I, talk to Steve and got very good advises from him which was very important in my decisions to achieve my goals. I meet very friendly relations and decide do this kind of business only with people who actually know their product.
The instructions to convert to led was very concise. I was able to complete conversion of 4 two light fixtures in less than 45 minutes. The lighting is excellent.
The shipment DIDNOT include the wire that the paperwork said was included. So I had to go to the hardware store for a wire to complete the install.
After installing wire etc. the product looks and works super.
M4 Note: This is a very uncommon packing error, and as I packed the order, would be entirely my fault. If you ever have an order issue, reach out to us via email or phone and we will resolve it. Note to other customers, yes, the kit comes with wire.
This is the second of 5 planned purchases to change our florescent light fixtures in our Newmar Coach to LED. Easy to do, just snip a few wires and use M4's instruction sheet to make the conversion.
I have three more florescent to LED conversions to make and I will be done with conversion to LED in the interior. Next up is all exterior marker lighting and turn signals.
All products that M4LED sells are top notch. Plus they stand behind their products. You can't go wrong purchasing at M4.
worked just as advertised. Rewired the flouredcent fixturd per the step by step instructions from the website. very clear instructions with pictures. extra wire and connectors in cluded with the LED bulbs came in handy.
Worked great for the lance truck camper thin- lite 556
less than half the price for a new led fixture .
Almost done upgrading all my lights with M4, got all the little bulbs done. Just installed 2 of these cool white tube lights in a burnt out fluorescent fixture with ballast. Now of course my fixture was very different from the directions but after watching some videos and comparing to the directions it took me about 20 minutes. Will be ordering 3 more sets. Just hope the tube lights last a long time as they are a bit pricey but much cheaper than a whole new fixture. I trust M4 products. Before I found M4 I tried the cheap Chinese ebay led lights (for small fixtures) and they lasted about 2 months (truth!)
This was my second installation of M4 LED tubes in our motorhome. The first was about a year ago when four 48" tubes were installed. They have worked flawlessly since. This install was two 18" tubes in bathroom area. Easy install and they look great. So happy to be rid of those annoying ballasts. Thanks for a great product.
I have been looking for an LED replacement so I could get rid of the fluorescent bulbs which didn't give enough light and the color (Kelvin) was too yellow. The cool white bulbs makes the surfaces of everything it shines on, look new. The lumens from the LED bulbs really lights up the sink and range in our RV. These 18" bulbs were just what I have wanted for a couple of years.